Team Members Pictures and Biographies

Photobucket

(I uploaded this picture to impress Robin.)

Enzo

Born in Rome, Italy, and graduated in Economics in Milan, I was a banker during my entire professional life. In 1980, on the invitation of a major NYC Bank, I migrated with my family that included my wife and three children from Italy to the US. It was supposed to be a few year assignment. 30 years later I am still here. I become US citizen in 1996, and retired in 2000. One year later I stated getting involved with Habitat when I joined a team to Kenya. I become a team leader in 2002. This trip will be the 14th that I will have lead by July 2010. So far I have traveled with Habitat to Africa, Asia, South Pacific, and US. In 2010 I will lead two teams to Costa Rica before heading to India.
I use to say that I joined Habitat because I wanted to help people in need and I wanted to test myself. I did not change my opinion on helping, as for the testing I realized that in reality I had to reinvent myself over and over again. And I love it.






Photobucket

Paul
Hello everyone! My name is Paul Webb and I am going to be one of your teammates on the GV India build this July. I am really excited to be joining Enzo’s team for my first Habitat for Humanity build. Here’s a little about me. I am 33, a 3rd grade elementary teacher in my 9th year of teaching. I currently live in Rochester, NY, but I grew up an hour away in Buffalo, NY. My undergraduate work was done at Geneseo State University and I did my Master degree at Canisius College. In my free time I love to travel, run, play soccer and tennis, workout, read, and spend time with family and friends.
Last year I bought my own home and I realize how great it is to have a place of my own to come home to. I am excited to help someone else have a home of their own to call home. This is one of the main reasons I have decided to do a Habitat project. I look forward to meeting all of you in India. Take care!




Photobucket

Bee and Robin

I’m Bee and I’m from Thailand. I’m 16 years old and I go to high school (boarding school) in the UK. This will be my first HFH trip and I will be coming with my mum. I was looking for some charity work to do during the summer when I came across this program. I tried teaching last summer and didn’t really enjoy it and as I thought this might be interesting and fun, so I decided to do this instead. I’ve also never been to India before and I’m very excited about going there. I am looking forward to this incredible opportunity and getting to know all of you.

Please call me Robin. I’ve been waiting to join this trip for 10+ years. I first learned about Habitat from watching former President Jimmy Carter talking about it on TV. And I really like the idea of helping other people with nothing in return, and I wish to go with my son(s) when they grow up. And now my dream is coming true. I’m so pleased that Bee has decided to do this charity in the summer. There are many teams coming to build houses for needy people in Thailand. I really appreciate that people all over the world come and help the poor in our country. And I hope that by going to India, we are returning some good deeds to others in other countries. It’s the borderless world and we are united in the same world.




Photobucket
Henry and Di

Henry and Di Graski are thrilled to join the July Pondicherry team. Their last trip to India was in 2007, and their last Global Village trip was in 2005. Henry is a journeyman plumber, his second career after retiring from the US Air Force as a Technical Sergeant. Di works as a Court Technology Associate with the National Center for State Courts. They live in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with their two dogs (Scrappy and Butch). Some of their favorite hobbies are playing with their two grandchildren (ages 9 and 3), riding their motorcycles, and attempting year-round greenhouse gardening at the family rustic cabin (elevation 9,000 feet).



Photobucket

Eric

I am absolutely thrilled to make my first Habitat trip after years of talking about it. I know Enzo is pulling together another wonderful Habitat team so I look forward to meeting everyone in person. I am sorry to say that I have virtually zero construction experience, but I am grateful for this opportunity to give back a little to the community and promise to work hard.
I’m originally from Korea, but moved to the States when I was 14 with my parents. I now live in New Jersey with my wife and our 6-year old daughter. I work for Nokia, not far from Enzo in Westchester County, New York. My wife and I consider the New City area our hometown. We just returned to the area after 4 years of living in London, Virginia, and Vancouver. My work also requires me to travel internationally quite a bit, but I have never been to India so I’m very excited to join this trip. In my free time I try to spend as much time as possible with my daughter for I know the day will come soon when she would be just too cool to hang out with me. I also enjoy cooking and try to play golf whenever I can.




Photobucket

Tanya

I’m Tanya, and this August I will reach the ripe old age of 30! I’m super excited to be traveling and building houses in India as a way to wrap up the end of my 20s. While I’m not counting down the days to Puducherry (Pondicherry), I am the wife of Derek, mom to Nehemiah (3 years old) and Gracie (almost 2 years old), and am an Urban Planner for the city of Jersey City. I have traveled to Asia before, but this will be my first trip to India.



Photobucket

Amy

Aloha,
I’ve found that changes in my life always begin with a trip, an adventure .An adventure that leads to another adventure and thus another chapter in my life’s story. I have a feeling this chapter will be one growth for me, one of learning, one of giving. Another confirmation of how fortunate I am, and thus a time to share. So off I go…
PS-
My name is Amy. I am a kindergarten teacher in Kailua, Hawaii. This will be my second Habitat trip. I have 2 children, a daughter who lives in New York and a son…well he travels around the world writing about his adventures. (He might be a chip off the old block!).
I enjoy running, hiking, exploring, and just spending time smelling flowers.
Yeah, I march to a different beat!




Photobucket

Nancy

Hi, I am Nancy. This is my second trip with Habitat. I did a wonderful trip to Papua New Guinea last April with Enzo, who is an inspiring team leader! I am an American but have lived in Asia and Europe for 18+ years and currently live in Hong Kong where I am a lawyer for a US hospitality company. My job affords me the opportunity and privilege of traveling frequently, which is also one of my hobbies, so I get to combine my vocation and avocation quite nicely. My main practice area is India, which is one of my favourite places. I have been to India probably more than 100 times, but I am very happy that on this trip I will be able to give something back to this fantastic country. I know very little Hindi, but am pretty good on some of the Bollywood stars!



Photobucket

Betty
Hi everyone. I am Betty. I am so happy to be part of the Pondicherry team. I am a residential landscape designer in Raleigh, NC and have a master’s degree in landscape architecture from North Carolina University. It figures that I do like to garden and try out new plants. On weekends I ride my daughter’s left behind retired horse and end up doing a lot of barn work in exchange for board. I like Habitat’s building houses concept but I am known for preferring to be outside the house instead of inside. I used to travel quite a bit but have been off traveling route for about 6 years. I am glad that my first trip in a while will be with a purpose.



Photobucket

Raj

Hi, I am Raj, I am an MBA student at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. I will be graduating this summer and this will be my first Habitat trip. Originally from India, I moved to the US 12 years ago to pursue my masters in Electrical Engineering. I went to work for Intel for 8 years designing microprocessors chips…and will now be transitioning to the business world as a consultant at Bain & Co.
I have been married to my wonderful wife Tanu for the last seven years. I love traveling and exploring nature. I am also a foodie and enjoy hiking to burn those calories! I am excited about meeting everyone and looking forward to our time in Pondicherry.



Photobucket

Pat and Candice

My name is Pat and I retired after 33 years from the U.S. District Court in Sacramento. I currently coach the Boys and Girls golf teams at Natomas High School and I volunteer in the summer with the CA Eagles golf program, giving people with disabilities a chance to develop their skills. I am also president of my HOA and spend a lot of time working with homeowners in an effort to maintain our properties values during the current downturn in the market.
This will be my 5th trip with Habitat International. I traveled to Sri Lanka in 2006, Costa Rica in 2007, Botswana in 2008, and China in 2009. This will be my first time to India and I am looking forward to being a contributing member of what looks to be a great team! My granddaughter Candice will travel with me to India, having successfully completed her first Habitat trip together last year to China. It’s so much fun being able to share such a wonderful experience with her.

Hello! My name is Candice and I live in Sacramento, CA. This will be my second Habitat trip, last year I traveled with my grandmother Pat, who is also accompanying me on this trip, to the Republic of China. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had! It was a great way to see a completely different part of the world while also helping to change someone’s life. I plan on taking at least one trip a year, you can say I am hooked! In my normal life, I am a hairdresser at a salon located in downtown Sacramento, I am very close to my family and friends, and I like doing most things any 22 years old likes to do. On the other hand I am very excited to be going to India and to meet all of you!



Photobucket

George

Hi, I’m George. I am excited to join you on our adventure to India! I have been on four previous Habitat trips with Enzo to Papua New Guinea (2x), Botswana, and Samoa. I work in an elementary school in St. Augustine, Florida- our nation’s oldest city. My goal is to “escape” the reality of work to complete a project that we can see and touch. My hobbies include: travel, reading, movies, exercise and dining out.
I have enjoyed meeting new people on each trip I have taken and have not been on a Habitat trip for several years and can’t wait until July. My goal is to only bring carry on luggage. (Wish me luck!).




Photobucket

Megha and Mamta

Hi everyone. My name is Megha and I am 16 years old. I’m an Indian, but I’ve been living in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the past 13 years. I am in my final year of high school and after graduation I’m going to pursue further studies in India. My hobbies are reading, watching movies, listening to music etc. I’ve always been interested in social work and helping the underprivileged. I think this trip is a great opportunity to interact with new people, do something different and also help others in need. I have visited many places in India but this is my first time to South India. My mom is accompanying me on this trip and we’re really looking forward to seeing all of you in Pondicherry!

My name is Mamta. I’ve been wanting for a long time to participate in HFM and I am glad that I’m finally getting this opportunity.



Photobucket

Suzanne

Hello! I am the one on the left at my daughter’s graduation. I am standing with my husband Clint and our daughter Erica. The only one missing from the photo is my twenty-one year old son Ross. I am a principal in an elementary school in the Boston Public School system. This is my second trip with habitat for Humanity. I went to Vietnam last year. I have never been to India and I am really looking forward to this trip!



Photobucket

Sebastian

I am 20 years old and will be entering my junior year at American University in Washington, DC this fall, majoring in History. My father is English and my mother is half Belgian, half Mexican. I was born in the US but moved to England when I was about 1 year old. I lived outside North London until I was nearly seven, when I returned to America. I spent most of my summer visiting my family in Europe, particularly Belgium, but I have also traveled to Asia and Latin America. I have over 500 hours of volunteer service at a local Camp for the Disabled and have also volunteered with the NJ Special Olympics. I thoroughly enjoy learning about other cultures and visiting foreign and exotic locations. I also like to work with my hands, so Habitat is a great fit! In my spare time I enjoy playing soccer and I am extremely excited for the World Cup this summer.


Photobucket

Marci

Hi, my name is Marci and I am excited about joining you on the journey to India. I graduated from UCSD with a degree in sociology, I currently teach History at Banning High School in Wilmington, CA. I encourage my students to become global citizens and participate in the process of getting involved and making a difference in the world, I am excited about my first adventure with habitat, as it has been a life long dream. I want to thank my family and students for their support and encouragement in realizing “the dream”.

No comments:

Post a Comment